New features have been added to the desktop app, allowing you to more easily handle everyday business communications. Starting today, all new “Multi Account,” “Chat Service Integration” and “Screenshot” features will be available for use.
Let’s take a look at these newly added features!
Multi Chat and Chat Service Integration Features
With the updated desktop app, you can use multiple Chatwork accounts without having to change your browser or log in and out repeatedly. This is extremely handy when you want to use multiple Chatwork accounts, like your personal and business accounts, at the same time.
Additionally, people who use services other than Chatwork, like Gmail, Outlook or Skype, can use these services together from a single area within the desktop app.
Adding Usable Services
- Click the “+” icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select services you ordinarily use from the app addition screen.
- Set up labels and notifications for the added services.
- Click the “Add” button.
Changing Settings for Added Services
- Hover your mouse over the tab of the added service and right click.
- The editing window will be displayed.
- Change settings for labels, or remove that service from the tab.
With this feature, you can take and easily share an image of the screen currently displayed on your computer. This is perfect for when you are in the middle of a chat and want to use images to explain something.
Using this feature is a breeze. In just five steps you can send images through Chatwork.
Taking and Sharing Screenshots
- Click the lens icon in the upper left-hand corner, opening the small capturing window.
- Bring the screen you want to capture to the front and then click the capture button.
- Select the capture range to take the screenshots
- Select “Save.
- Share your file via Chatwork by dragging and dropping it from the location it was saved to.
This feature is only available on the desktop version of the app. If you have never used the desktop version before, now is a great time to download it and try it out.
Improvements to Other Features
We’ve also listened to everyone’s requests and made the following improvements to other features.
Acquiring URLs from a Displayed Screen
The original desktop app did not have an address bar, so there was no way to copy a URL and post it as a chat link. This problem has now been fixed.
Remembering File Download Destinations
The app has been updated so that when you select a folder to download a file to, the same folder will already be selected when you try to download another file later.
Storing Window Size and Position at Startup
Changes were made so that when you close the app, the same window size and position will be used the next time the app is started up.
Thank you for continuing to support Chatwork.